Thursday, April 12, 2012

Move #13

If the title didn't clue you in, my recent big news is that I'm moving. Not too far away from where I am now and nothing life altering. In fact, this move is supposed to be a good change. I will be closer to work, driving less, spending less, and the man and I will be closer together. Where am I moving to? Moscow, Idaho and in to a nice little condo. Which brings up some exciting changes.

1. I will become an Idaho resident. I wasn't too sure how I felt about this at first. I've been a Washingtonian my entire life. But is being an Idahonian really any different? I guess I'll have to let you know. One thing is for sure, Craig sure is excited. I get to hunt in Idaho this year, which is reason enough to be very excited if your are my Mountain Man.

2. I am moving into a condo. The most grown-up, non college student type of dwelling I have lived in on my own since moving out of my parents house, eight years ago. I'm very excited about this.

3. I have my own washer and dryer. This alone is cause for ME to be very, very happy.

4. I have a back deck with a great view of the sunset. A personal favorite thing to do: watch the sun set while enjoying a glass of wine. Summer, why aren't you here yet?

5. I can go home for lunch. This, my friends, is quite a big deal for me. You might be quite surprised to learn that I have taken up cooking. Yes, this also calls for the attention of an entire blog post and maybe even my boyfriend on video eating and enjoying my meals, I'll work on that next. But I'm still not so great at planning my weekly lunches ahead of time. And driving back home for lunch just isn't worth it. So now, two minutes away from work, I can eat healthier and save money by going to my own home during my lunch break. No more excuses for a last minute lunch.

6. I'll be closer to my boyfriend, who already lives in Moscow. But to be fair, he spends way more time driving over to my house than I do going to his. We both agreed my old place is a little more girlfriend-friendly, which unfortunately for him, that means more driving back and forth. But now, at the new place in Moscow, we'll be less than two miles apart.

7. A new place, even though I've been working in Moscow for almost two years, is always fun to discover. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new town even more, especially over the summer.

8. I'll only be eight miles away from Pullman. I'll always hold a special place in my heart for Pullman. And the people I love that live here. With my best friend still in Pullman, I won't really stay away for too long.

9. I threw away a lot of stuff I don't need that I've acquired since I last moved! I'm the queen of tossing things out. So much so that I accidentally just threw out my new debit card I received in the mail a few days ago. Whoops.

10. Hmmm....not sure what number ten was supposed to be. But I'll just say that I'm excited to move and find a new place to call home. As I'm packing up my little apartment, the one I came to when I moved back to Pullman, the one I've lived in for almost two years and have learned so much about life, love, friendships, forgiveness, loss, and myself. This little apartment has been a comfort, a safe and cozy place, and a good thing to come home to after a long day at work.  It's been my home gym, seen boyfriends come and go, my very first full size Christmas tree, Jersey Shore nights with Mandy, winter nights where I watched endless snow flakes fall from the sky while sitting on my kitchen counter, feet in the sink, with a glass of wine.  Summertime trips and adventures with Jamie when I'd come through the door, tanned skin, messy river-water hair, with sand in my flip flops. And most recently, it's where I first met my Mountain Man when he picked me up on our first date. It's the teeny-tiny kitchen where I really learned how to cook and started to enjoy cooking. It's been a lovely place to call home and I'm going to miss it. But I'm looking forward to my new home and all of the memories that I will make there.

Sometimes I get so darn sentimental. Who knew moving from an apartment to a condo could bring out my nostalgic side. Although really, what doesn't bring that out of me?

I'm really pretty excited about the new place. Did I mention there is enough room for a dining room table?!

11. Dining room table. I'm looking forward to meals at a table, not standing in the kitchen or with my plate on my lap, sitting on the couch.

Now if only this "spring" weather doesn't snow or rain on us while we move.

I moved in almost two weeks ago. Craig, myself, and a UHaul made the move in one day. After what seems like a billion cardboard boxes, trips back and forth from Pullman to Moscow, and LOTS of organizing, I have settled in to my new home and am very happy with it. Even if the box springs to my queen size bed and large armoire dresser didn't quite make it up the stairs. I'm thinking of creative ways to turn them both into living room furniture. Totally joking. Those *%$@ pieces of furniture are going up the stairs in pieces if they have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment